- 308 Members
- 52 Countries
The aim of the Europortfolio Charter is to set out the principles and guidelines that will govern the co-operation of the Parties hereto concerning the creation of Europortfolio as a not-for-profit organisation.
The goal of Europortfolio is to empower individuals as reflective learners and practitioners, organisations as environments for authentic learning and assessment, and society as a context for lifelong learning, employability and self-realisation.
To achieve its goal, the mission of Europortfolio is to support and promote innovation and research in the field of eportfolio and eportfolio-related technologies and practices.
To accomplish its mission, the signatories of the Europortfolio Charter have agreed to work together towards:
- Establishing a European network of eportfolio practitioners, professionals and organisations;
- Mobilising the human, financial, operational and technical resources required to achieve its mission and create the conditions for a self-sustainable organisation;
- Maintaining a public knowledge base of eportfolio initiatives, technologies and practices;
- Supporting research activities and the dissemination of research outcomes to the wider public;
- Supporting continuing professional development through a community of practice;
- Working with relevant initiatives, networks and organisations, in Europe and beyond.
Benefits for Signatories
When signing the Charter, a Signatory will be entitled to:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Europortfolio and influence future developments;
- Receive support in establishing regional and national chapters;
- Join special interest and working groups;
- Have full access to the resources produced by the Europortfolio community;
- Review and approve the Statutes and Bye-laws of the future Europortfolio Association;
After the incorporation of Europortfolio, the benefits for Europortfolio Members will be defined in the Europortfolio Statutes and Bye-Laws: www.eportfolio.eu/statutes.
The leadership of the Europortfolio Charter is insured by:
- The Steering Committee, leading the incorporation of Europortfolio
- The Council of National Representatives, leading the work of special interest groups and working groups.
Until the incorporation of Europortfolio, the members of the Steering Committee and Council will be co-opted by the initiators of Europortfolio. After the incorporation, the leadership will be defined by the statutes and bye-laws voted by the Charter Signatories at the first Annual General Meeting.
The signing of this Charter does not constitute any legal rights or obligations other than those defined in this Charter. For organisational Signatories, the Charter should be signed on behalf of an organisation or company by an authorised representative.