ePIC 2011 - 9th International ePortfolio and Identity conference provided a forum where researchers and practitioners discussed theoretical aspects, open issues, and innovative approaches, whilst sharing the latest advances in the state of the art and practices, specifically in relation to how far the following issues are currently supported effectively by ePortfolio tools and technologies, whether provided within or beyond institutions:
- the development of learner and professional identity;
- the (institutional) recognition of informal / life-wide learning;
- accreditation of prior experience and learning (APEL), curriculum design and assessment;
- integrative learning and holistic development;
- continuing professional development, lifelong learning and sustainable employability;
- the development of distributed ‘communities of practice’, community and organisational development.